Q. I have a common cold from last three years. Please help.

Dr. Duaa Shubar
Published on Mar 31, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a common cold from last three years I have tried many doctors. They only give Montelukast tablets to me. At first, they worked on me but later on these tables stopped working on me. Please help. I want to get rid of this.

Dr. Duaa Shubar

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

The common cold is a viral infection that lasts for days, not years.

To treat the common cold, you need to take rest, good hydration, nasal decongestants, panadol cold and flu (Paracetamol, Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and Dextromethorphan hydrobromide), an antihistamine like Zicam (Zinc acetate and Zinc gluconate). Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

If you have this symptom for a long time, consult a respiratory specialist to exclude asthma.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

Can I take Combiflam for fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever and cold for the past three days. I am taking Calpol and Combiflam. How can I get cured?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a viral or allergic upper respiratory tract infection. Calpol and Combiflam (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol) both should not be used at a time. Use only one drug among these two as they are anti-inflammatory and analgesic. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg twice a...  Read Full

What medicines can be taken for common cold?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having a common cold for the past three to four days. The nose is running, sometimes there is yellowish water but most of the time white watery discharge. Please suggest me medicines for it. I am also suffering from a mental health issue. I have attached the prescription...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sahil Bawa

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most of the times the common cold is a viral infection. Do you have sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, and cough? If yes, then it is viral. You do not have to take any medicines for v...  Read Full

My asthmatic mother's X-ray is negative for TB. What else this could be?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has asthma as she used to smoke and live near roads. Her X-ray showed that trachea is in the midline, the cardiac shadow is not enlarged, pulmonary vasculatures are not prominent, hemidiaphragm is flattened, costophrenic sulci are blunted, right lower lung infiltrates presen...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached report, along with the data you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother has COPD which is a chronic obstructive lung disease due to changes in the lung with age and due to smoking. In COPD the air is entrapped ins...  Read Full

Ask a General Practitioner Now