Q. I have cold for the past two days without fever. Please suggest treatment.

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I am 34 years old. I am a breastfeeding mom to a 5-month-old baby, and I have cold for two days. I just want to be sure that this is just a common cold. I am currently on Biogesic.

#

Is there any fever? Were you in contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19 or other viral fever? Are Biogesics helping? It looks like a common cold by symptoms, and we cannot say because what if you were in contact with someone? Is there any sore throat?

Please let me know. For more specific, you can do a blood test. But if it is a common cold, it will go in two to three days. You have a runny nose and clogged nose then it can be allergic rhinitis. But if you have a sore throat, please let me know.

I did not have a fever. My husband also had cold last week, and it is almost gone already. He just drinks ginger tea with calamansi and oregano. I also drink the same. I think it is helping. We have a 4-year-old kid and 5 months old baby. They are completely fine.

#

Yes, then it can be normal cold only. Do not take Biogesic if you do not have fever.

Instead, take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once a day for a runny nose. Drink lukewarm water only, and tea and hot drinks, as you mentioned. It will help you to clear your throat.

If anything else, please message me anytime. In case of sore throat and cough antibiotics are required. So please let me know if you have such.

Common cold will go in two to three days.

|