Colicky Abdominal Pain

I am uncomfortable due to excessive gas, burping, bloating and acidity. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I am suffering from stomach problems like gas (excess condition every time), burping, bloating and pain in the chest (sometimes due to acidity). I always feel uncomfortable because of gas problem. I feel like my stomach is full every time. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Most probably, you have irritable bowel syndrome, which is a syndrome of nervous bowels characterized by colicky bowels that may cause constipation or diarrhea. It does not wake you up in the middle of the night. Also, it worsens in times ...  Read Full »

I experience pangs of pain in my lower right abdomen. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50 year old male. My height is 5 feet and 10 inches, and my weight is 260 lbs. I am in good health with excellent vitals. My blood pressure, sugar levels, and cholesterol are in exceptional range. I have never been on any prescription pills. All of my routines have been normal a...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A pain in the right lower quadrant of the abdomen might just be a colicky abdominal pain. The pain of appendicitis is usually acute with fever and the appendix usually gets inflamed and may even burst. So, that seems unlikely. Still, I would advise you to get ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Neopeptine after OPV?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.6 years old son is suffering from stomach gas since last month. Every night he wakes up from his sleep crying. He got an OPV yesterday morning, and we gave him Neopeptine 5 ml tonight for the stomach problem. I am scared that I gave him the syrup after OPV. Is there any risk asso...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Neopeptine (combination of Pepsin and Alpha-amylase) is an absolutely safe medicine even if given alone or with any other medicine or any vaccine. It is the best medicine for abdominal pain. Regarding stomach upset, keep a check on the appetite of the child as to what is ...  Read Full »

My 2 month old baby is crying a lot. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 months old baby is crying a lot. She is crying most of the day and is refusing mother's milk. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If a 2 month old child is crying, then it could be due to pain in the abdomen due to colic. I suggest you start Colicaid drops (Dil oil, Fennel oil, and Simethicone), four drops thrice a day for three days. If the child is not taking ...  Read Full »

I have a tight sensation on my left hip. What is causing this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. For about the last year, I have had this weird sensation on my left side. From my left hip up to below the bottom of my left ribcage. It is mostly just when I am laying on my side. When I lay on my left side it feels like I am laying on something like a flat p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably, you have musculoskeletal pain. Characteristics of the musculoskeletal pain are: Dull aching. Increase with certain movements and certain positions. Tender muscles. Do you have similar features? Do you practice heavy exercise? What kind of ...  Read Full »

Cow's milk does not seem to suit my 1 year old baby. What can I give her instead?

Query: Hello doctor, Our baby girl is about 1 year and one month old. We just started giving cow milk two days back. A packet of A2 unpasteurized milk was bought, boiled and cooled down. We gave about 300 ml per day once. Her motion looks affected a little. It is not solid. At night, she suddenly started c...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unpasteurized milk is not advisable to be given, as pasteurization is required to kill all the bacteria or germs in the milk. I think the baby does have some issues with cow milk and is crying due to colic (abdominal pain). Formula milk (any stage 3) is always better t...  Read Full »

Can my lower back pain be the result of a kidney problem?

Query: Hello, I am a 31 year old male. I have a left lower back pain for a few days. It hurts when I move, and it feels like my kidneys hurt when I walk. I do not know if this is a muscle pull or something related to my kidneys. Please advise.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lower back pain is mostly due to a muscular or spinal problem, and kidney pain is unlikely. Kidney pain is a colicky type. The pain comes and goes, or it will be associated with other complaints like burning during urination, blood in urine, and fever. Local site wil...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicine to cope with my stomach pain and diarrhea.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My height is 5'8" and weight is approximately 140 lbs. The only medication I am on right now is birth control pill. I woke up three days ago with diarrhea and terrible stomach pains. I felt nauseous, but I have never thrown up. The diarrhea has been persistent,...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though Lomotil (Diphenoxylate and Atropine) is not a drug, which needs to be recommended for routine use in diarrheal settings as this drug decreases the motility of gut, which can sometimes allow toxins to be absorbed in the gut. Since you have got an important exam, thi...  Read Full »

My baby is unable to sleep due to colic pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 26 days old and suffering from colic pain. She is unable to sleep properly due to this and she will wake up in between sleep and struggle a lot to release gas. She used to sleep peacefully for 5 to 6 hours at a stretch, but now could not sleep even for 1 hour properly. Our ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you must understand that babies change their sleeping pattern so quickly. There are lots of reasons for babies not to sleep at night. They usually sleep for one or two hours at a stretch. Colic pain can be one of the reasons. You should either give him Ne...  Read Full »