Colistin

How to treat recurrent urinary tract infections in babies?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1.5 year old baby has suffered from UTI for the last 18 days. The culture report showed Klebsiella pneumoniae 100000 cfu/mL. Her doctor said Colistin is sensitive and she has been treated with Colistin and catheter IV for 15 days. But, her infection is not clearing and is going up ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your baby has proven UTI - urinary tract infection with Klebsiella and is Colistin sensitive and unfortunately not responding. Also, she had bilateral reflux, which is prone to cause recurrent UTI. The reason for persistent urine infection may be underlying anatom...  Read Full »

Why does my baby have a urinary infection?

Query: Hi doctor, My 1.5 year old baby is suffering from urinary infection for last 10 days. Her culture report shows Colistin sensitive. Her doctor started her on Colistin five days ago, but her infection is not going less. She had another test today and the report showed that her pus cells are abundant, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your baby must be having some underlying condition of the urinary system to have had an infection. Is he having fever? Have you done any ultrasound? The culture may be repeated in some other reliable laboratory. Along with ultrasound, CBC (complete blood count), KFT (kid...  Read Full »

My son is turning 6 months and not taking formula milk as before. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 5 months old now and turning 6 months in four days. He had loose motion three days back. Since yesterday he is better, but he has lost his appetite and weight as well. He used to have 120 ml of formula milk in three to four hours gap. But now he is having only 60 ml of mil...  Read Full »

Dr. M.l. Kothari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For loose motion give Walamycin DS (Colistin sulfate) 5 ml twice a day for five days. Syrup Vizylac (Lactic acid bacillus) 5 ml twice a day for five days after meals. According to me after completing 5 months stop milk from 8 AM to 8 PM and give semisolid diet like...  Read Full »