Collagen Peptides

How long does it take for the chondromalacia patella to heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old female. I have mild knee pain for the past six months to one year while working for long hours. No constant continuous pain. But I have discomfort while bending or sitting down for a long time and climbing stairs. I am suddenly getting some discomfort like somethi...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chondromalacia patella is just a softening of knee cartilage. It will strengthen with exercises and medication and it will get better. Chondromalacia itself can take three to six months to get better at earliest if the exercises are strictly done and followed. Exercises w...  Read Full »

Is taking collagen safe during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15 weeks pregnant, 34 years old and am wondering if taking collagen is safe during pregnancy. I have purchased a multi-collagen protein but do not want to start taking it until I am assured it is fine.  Read Full »

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Collagen is a natural protein present in your different parts of the body like hair, skin, joints, bones, blood vessels, though different types. Taking collagen supplements is totally safe but dosage should be nearly 20 to 30 gm daily. It has seen to provide lots of ben...  Read Full »