Q. I am worried about perforated uterus after my abortion. Can I conceive again?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I did an abortion seven years before, and I have not got any complications since then. But I was reading about the perforated uterus, and now I am worried. I do not have any medical issues, and my concern is that I am getting scared I might not be able to conceive again.

#

Thanks for sharing your concern, and it is quite understandable. Uterine perforation usually occurs if abortion is being performed by the use of sharp instruments and vigorous curettage. If the abortion was undertaken with medicines only then, there is no such chance of perforation. Secondly, if perforation was being there, it might have caused your symptoms like pain, fever, bleeding, etc., if it was of considerable size. So if there was not any problem after the abortion at that time, it means that there were no complications associated with it. So you need to relax now as there is nothing to worry about your fertility. I hope it has helped you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

|