Q. I got surgical abortion seven months back. Is it the cause pain in the ovaries now?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr.Meera Premanand

I have pain in my ovaries. It hurts to walk, and pain is worse after exercise. I had a surgical abortion seven months ago. Please help me.

#

I see you have not been taking any medicines. Is it chronic pain since the abortion time? Does it happen only around periods or a continuous thing? Do you have any other issues like fever, nausea, fainting, etc.? Most probably, it is an infection that I feel based on your information. If the pain is unbearable, you may take Ibuprofen. Also, use a heating pad and can try massage. It would help if you drank hot drinks like tea. Please share additional details to enable me to help you better.

It came on suddenly after exercise. Do you think it is an infection? I do not have any other symptoms. I am not on period. Please help.

#

Since it is a sudden pain that may be triggered due to some intense workout or exercise, so I would suggest you tablet Ibuprofen and a heating pad for immediate relief and observe for the next 12 hours. Since there has been no pain for the last seven months and your periods are due, I do not think it is worrisome. Let us wait for 12 hours at least before going for any detailed check-up.

|