Q. What are the causes of lower abdominal pain after having abortion pills twice in the past year?

Dr. Monica Mathur

My wife had an abortion pill two times in the past year. The first time she had it, there were no abnormal symptoms for one month, but the second time, she had been suffering from lower abdomen pain for over four months. She did not get her period for over two months, and we had to vacuum period blood out of her vagina, but the pain is still going, and she can not sleep at all for the past four months. The only thing that helps her calm down is a hot shower, but sometimes she burns herself from hot water. We are so worried if this is normal or not? And should we wait until she recovers? But the worst thing that made us scared was our local doctor, who told us this pain would never end and that she needed to live with it. We need your advice, and I hope you can help.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

As she had abortion twice a year, she is most probably suffering from a subclinical uterine infection known as endometritis.

This condition has to be treated with medicines.

To relieve her pain temporarily, I suggest she take tablet Meftal-Spas (Dicyclomine and Mefenamic Acid) twice a day for three days.

It is better to consult a doctor in person. However, I suggest you take private consultation.

How can we book a private consultation with you, doctor?

#

I understand your concern.

There are two ways; you can talk to me either by telephonic call or video call, and the charges may apply as per icliniq terms and conditions.

I suggest you get a complete blood count (CBC) and urine complete examination microscopic along with erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) done.

Secondly, I suggest she must take the following course-

1. Tablet Cefixime 200 mg twice a day for seven days.

2. Tablet Flexon (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol) thrice a day for five days.

3. Tablet Becosule (vitamin B-complex [Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, and B12], Vitamin C, and Calcium Pantothenate) once a day for seven days.

Please revert along with the reports.

CBC, ESR, and complete urine examination.

You must clean your private parts with an antiseptic solution diluted in water after every urination.

Does she need to do the examination first and then take medications?

#

I understand your concern.

She can complete the medicine course and then get the tests done.

These tests are done to know the severity of the disease.

|