Complications Of Diabetes Mellitus

Can I take medicine for a few days to normalize the sugar level with exercise?

Query: I have my fasting blood sugar 133 and pp 175. Can I take medicine for few days to normalise the sugar level with exercise? When I take low food, sugar level is not so high, but if I take some Sugar candy or high carb food then sugar suddenly rise then after 2 hour it comes to 175.  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi. Good day. Thanks for your query . U have already diabetes because ur fasting sugar is more than 126. Just taking medications for few days will not solve the issue. Diabetes is defined as blood sugar of over 7 or 126 when fasting 6-8 hours Blood sugar of 11.1 or 200 after 2 hours of eating i...  Read Full »

Can diabetes cause gastric and chest burning?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from gastric and chest burning. I had consulted with a doctor before and took medicine for both issues, but it is not cured. I am taking medication for blood pressure, sugar, and cholesterol.  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To fully understand the cause of the problem, I will need some details of the medications you take for your high blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol. Medications could be one important reason for your problem. If the gastric issue you are facing is for a long time a...  Read Full »

Can diabetes result in stiffness and burning sensation in the legs?

Query: My father aged is 62 years, suffering with DM-HTN > 25 years and had right side mild paralysis stroke (PPA) suffering with stiffness and burning sensation in both leg and feets.The recent investigations shows Fasting 90 mg , plbs 216 mg, Lipid Profile and urine examination resulted normal. Hba1c 8....  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq Thanks for posting your Query . See the stiffness and burning sensation is due to nerve damage ( Neuropathy ) caused due to Uncontrolled Diabetes . A HBA1c of 8.5 means your father's diabetes is very poorly controlled and needs some changes in the dosage . I Advise him ...  Read Full »

How is an increase in creatinine level significant in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 56 year old male. I was told that my creatinine level is 2.3 after my last HbA1c. I am type 2 diabetic. I am now on Atkins diet to reduce dramatically lower carbohydrates. What is the significance of increased creatinine level? What is considered as a critical level? Please exp...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Rise in serum creatinine level in a diabetic person points towards the development of diabetic nephropathy. Yes, increased serum creatinine requires alarming as this can further progress into end-stage renal disease. Now, you required evaluation t...  Read Full »

What causes hypoglycemia?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from diabetes for three years. She is 61 years old and weighs 40 kg. She was on Gemer-1. Early morning around 5 AM, she often complains of excessive sweating and weakness. Sweating stops after taking tea, biscuit or sugar. She has stopped taking medication for...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother is getting hypoglycemic attacks during early morning hours. Hypoglycemic attacks are episodes of low blood sugar values occurring in blood. Due to this she is having excessive sweating and weakness. Taking a sweet item is the correct treatment for such an atta...  Read Full »

What can cause weakness and high protein content in urine in a diabetic patient?

Query: Recent blood tests revealed that proteins in urine is 486 against 130 in the 24 hour unit test. I am diabetic, however it is under control. Fasting sugar is 106 and after break fast it 120. I am using Diapride M 0.5 for Blood Sugar and Citanil T 40 for BP. I consulted nephrologist and he told m...  Read Full »

Dr. Pranaw Kumar Jha

Nephrologist

Answer: Dear, Thanks for the query As per the records you have diabetes, hypertension and related complications such as retinopathy, nephropathy Your blood sugar control is good and other investigations also look fair Your doctor has rightly prescribed you Cetanil-T which contains Telmisartan which is use...  Read Full »

Why did my 12 years old grafted unhealing leg wound open up?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 12 years back, my unhealing leg wound was cured by multiple skin grafting. Now, after 12 years the wound opened up. Reason is unknown. Is it varicose? I have attached the latest snaps.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wound dehiscence occurs when surgical wound closures reopen instead of proper healing. Reasons or people who are at high risk for wound dehiscence are as follows: Patients with a weak immune system or those people who are malnourished. It can also be due to underlying chr...  Read Full »

My FBS is 271, and PPBS is 475. Do I have to take Insulin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 70 year old female. My weight is 60 kg. I am a known case of NIDDM. I am on Glimepiride 4 mg bid and Repaglinide bid. But, my FBS is 271 and PPBS is 457. Is there any solution to lower my sugar without Insulin? For me Insulin was already prescribed, but still I have not started.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your blood sugar levels are very high. You have to get started on Insulin as it is the best way to reduce blood sugar. Insulin production in our body is decreased, so we are just replacing that from outside. You are already on two oral anti-diabetic drugs which are hig...  Read Full »

I have pain and a white tissue layer forming on my penis. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 40 year old male, and I have diabetes. From a week, I have pain in the penis, and a white tissue like layer is formed. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have candidiasis. But to be sure, please send photos and details like your latest sugar levels. We can start treatment after that. Take care. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologi...  Read Full »

Why is there diabetic neuropathy in spite of being on insulin?

Query: Hello doctor, Although my mother is on insulin for 7 years, she has diabetic neuropathy and some complications since one week. Also, the doctor tried but the complications are not going.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the age of your mother. Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication seen in patients who have long-term or uncontrolled diabetes. It may not be completely reversible. However, talk to your doctor about taking Vitamin B12 supplements and Gaba...  Read Full »