Complications Of Diabetes Mellitus

I have pain and a white tissue layer forming on my penis. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 40 year old male, and I have diabetes. From a week, I have pain in the penis, and a white tissue like layer is formed. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have candidiasis. But to be sure, please send photos and details like your latest sugar levels. We can start treatment after that. Take care. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologi...  Read Full »

Why is there diabetic neuropathy in spite of being on insulin?

Query: Hello doctor, Although my mother is on insulin for 7 years, she has diabetic neuropathy and some complications since one week. Also, the doctor tried but the complications are not going.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the age of your mother. Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication seen in patients who have long-term or uncontrolled diabetes. It may not be completely reversible. However, talk to your doctor about taking Vitamin B12 supplements and Gaba...  Read Full »

My grandfather is suffering from the side effects of his medicines. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My grandfather has been a heart patient and diabetic for the last eight years. He has been taking Capoten 25 mg, Sofvasc 5 mg, Daonil 5 mg, and Loprin 75 mg. But due to these medications, he has recently started to suffer from its side effects. He has a throat infection and a ch...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The infection your grandfather is suffering from is not a result of the medications, but it is a complication associated with patients that have had diabetes for some time, especially older adults. Diabetes is a chronic disease that weakens the immune system. Age is a...  Read Full »

Is my kidney affected because of not taking medicines for diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old male. My urine microalbumin quat is 199, creatinine 69, and glycosylated hemoglobin 9.6. The doctor told me that now my kidney is affected. I am not taking medicines to control diabetes for seven years. Only by diet and walk, I have been controll...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is very important not to worry, and to take the correct steps towards achieving better health with diabetes. Since your glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) is 9.6, your sugar level has definitely not been under control for a long time now....  Read Full »

Am I type 1 or type 2 diabetic? How can I treat my hypoglycemia too?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor whom I had been visiting discontinued her practice. I found a new doctor with whom I am having problems. The doctor diagnosed me with diabetes 24 years ago when I was 39. I was tried on a couple of different types and dosages of pills, but I cannot remember the names an...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you indeed have type 1 diabetes. Regarding your hypoglycemia, I would suggest that you decrease the dose of NovoLog (insulin aspart injection) by two units in the morning and night. Your k...  Read Full »

There are some cuts on my foreskin and it burns a little. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 30 year old unmarried male, a diabetic as well as BP patient. From the last two weeks, I have a problem in the foreskin of my penis. There are some cut marks in the top part of the foreskin of my penis which makes me feel a sensational burn when I pull the foreskin. I have appl...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is an infection due to diabetes. You can take capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice daily for a week. Take this capsule immediately after food. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. You can take table...  Read Full »

I am 29 and I have a lot of health issues due to diabetes. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29 year old unmarried female. I have a lot of issues because of diabetes. Diabetes was detected four months ago when I underwent an underarm surgery for an abscess. It has not recovered yet. Also, I have a lot of pimples on my face and head. I think this is because of the suga...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have a family history of diabetes mellitus 2? What I feel is, if you reduce your weight, your sugar levels will come down. Reducing 1 kg per month will do. Do not skip a meal.  Cut down on meat, oily food, fried food, etc. Take a regular walk, jog or cycling...  Read Full »

I feel a burning sensation in my fingers if I touch anything. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I am diabetic and hypertensive. My problem is, if I touch anything with my fingers, I get a burning sensation and I drop it down. Please advise me on this.  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your complaints and previous history of diabetes, I think you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy secondary to diabetes mellitus. I will recommend some medications as mentioned below. Also, some investigations are to be performed. Investigations to be done ...  Read Full »

From the reports, can you please tell me the reason for my mom's swollen feet?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question about my mom's peripheral blood smear test. She is 62 years old and is diabetic. The report says she has normocytic normochromic anemia with neutrophilic leukocytosis. Her neutrophils are 85 %, lymphocytes are 14 %, eosinophils are 1 %, and neutrophils show coarse toxic ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In your mom's case, considering that she is a diabetic patient with swelling in both her feet (also known as edema), a few things come to my mind. She could be having some skin infection in the...  Read Full »

After a brain stroke, my dad's urine output has decreased. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My 70 years old father had a brain stroke, and he has been operated thrice since then, including VP shunt. He is diabetic, and his condition has not improved yet. He is in the ICU, and his urine output has decreased to 10 ml per hour. They performed dialysis two days back, but there is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is an acute renal failure with underlying chronic diabetic kidney disease. It is very common in patients with diabetic kidney disease to go to acute failure. The prognosis is usually bad, and the choice of treatment is dialysis. Consult your treating nephrologist and...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.