Complications Of Diabetes Mellitus

Why did my 12 years old grafted unhealing leg wound open up?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 12 years back, my unhealing leg wound was cured by multiple skin grafting. Now, after 12 years the wound opened up. Reason is unknown. Is it varicose? I have attached the latest snaps.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wound dehiscence occurs when surgical wound closures reopen instead of proper healing. Reasons or people who are at high risk for wound dehiscence are as follows: Patients with a weak immune system or those people who are malnourished. It can also be due to underlying chr...  Read Full »

My FBS is 271, and PPBS is 475. Do I have to take Insulin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 70 year old female. My weight is 60 kg. I am a known case of NIDDM. I am on Glimepiride 4 mg bid and Repaglinide bid. But, my FBS is 271 and PPBS is 457. Is there any solution to lower my sugar without Insulin? For me Insulin was already prescribed, but still I have not started.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your blood sugar levels are very high. You have to get started on Insulin as it is the best way to reduce blood sugar. Insulin production in our body is decreased, so we are just replacing that from outside. You are already on two oral anti-diabetic drugs which are hig...  Read Full »

I have pain and a white tissue layer forming on my penis. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 40 year old male, and I have diabetes. From a week, I have pain in the penis, and a white tissue like layer is formed. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have candidiasis. But to be sure, please send photos and details like your latest sugar levels. We can start treatment after that. Take care. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologi...  Read Full »

Why is there diabetic neuropathy in spite of being on insulin?

Query: Hello doctor, Although my mother is on insulin for 7 years, she has diabetic neuropathy and some complications since one week. Also, the doctor tried but the complications are not going.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the age of your mother. Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication seen in patients who have long-term or uncontrolled diabetes. It may not be completely reversible. However, talk to your doctor about taking Vitamin B12 supplements and Gaba...  Read Full »

My grandfather is suffering from the side effects of his medicines. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My grandfather has been a heart patient and diabetic for the last eight years. He has been taking Capoten 25 mg, Sofvasc 5 mg, Daonil 5 mg, and Loprin 75 mg. But due to these medications, he has recently started to suffer from its side effects. He has a throat infection and a ch...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The infection your grandfather is suffering from is not a result of the medications, but it is a complication associated with patients that have had diabetes for some time, especially older adults. Diabetes is a chronic disease that weakens the immune system. Age is a...  Read Full »

Is my kidney affected because of not taking medicines for diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old male. My urine microalbumin quat is 199, creatinine 69, and glycosylated hemoglobin 9.6. The doctor told me that now my kidney is affected. I am not taking medicines to control diabetes for seven years. Only by diet and walk, I have been controll...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is very important not to worry, and to take the correct steps towards achieving better health with diabetes. Since your glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) is 9.6, your sugar level has definitely not been under control for a long time now....  Read Full »

Am I type 1 or type 2 diabetic? How can I treat my hypoglycemia too?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor whom I had been visiting discontinued her practice. I found a new doctor with whom I am having problems. The doctor diagnosed me with diabetes 24 years ago when I was 39. I was tried on a couple of different types and dosages of pills, but I cannot remember the names an...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you indeed have type 1 diabetes. Regarding your hypoglycemia, I would suggest that you decrease the dose of NovoLog (insulin aspart injection) by two units in the morning and night. Your k...  Read Full »

There are some cuts on my foreskin and it burns a little. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 30 year old unmarried male, a diabetic as well as BP patient. From the last two weeks, I have a problem in the foreskin of my penis. There are some cut marks in the top part of the foreskin of my penis which makes me feel a sensational burn when I pull the foreskin. I have appl...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is an infection due to diabetes. You can take capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice daily for a week. Take this capsule immediately after food. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. You can take table...  Read Full »

I am 29 and I have a lot of health issues due to diabetes. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29 year old unmarried female. I have a lot of issues because of diabetes. Diabetes was detected four months ago when I underwent an underarm surgery for an abscess. It has not recovered yet. Also, I have a lot of pimples on my face and head. I think this is because of the suga...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have a family history of diabetes mellitus 2? What I feel is, if you reduce your weight, your sugar levels will come down. Reducing 1 kg per month will do. Do not skip a meal.  Cut down on meat, oily food, fried food, etc. Take a regular walk, jog or cycling...  Read Full »

I feel a burning sensation in my fingers if I touch anything. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I am diabetic and hypertensive. My problem is, if I touch anything with my fingers, I get a burning sensation and I drop it down. Please advise me on this.  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your complaints and previous history of diabetes, I think you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy secondary to diabetes mellitus. I will recommend some medications as mentioned below. Also, some investigations are to be performed. Investigations to be done ...  Read Full »