Q. According to scan, the fetus growth is lagging. Kindly clarify it.

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Conception & Pregnancy or Delayed Conception? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My wife is three months pregnant, and the doctor is telling that the baby is lagging in growth for about one month. The fetus heartbeat is good as per ultrasound, but the fetal growth is less. My wife's weight also dropped from 57 to 55 kg and recently, she is having stomach ache and back pain. The doctor has given some tablets for baby's growth. I am attaching her ultrasound reports and a picture of ultrasound also. Your answer will be highly appreciated as I am worried about them.