Q. Am I under the right treatment to get pregnant?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

I got married two years back. I am trying for pregnancy now. Previously, five months back I had a miscarriage. When I consulted my doctor, he prescribed me Fertyle 100 mg for five days, Fertisure, Folic acid and Susten 200. From 14th day I have started the dose and today is my 26th day. My problem is that I just started light spotting with clots and cramps on the right side. Is there any problem associated with it?

#

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

• Spotting could be due to starting of your menses, side effect of drugs or it could be due to ectopic pregnancy.
  • So, get your urine pregnancy test and pelvic ultrasound to rule out the cause.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thanks for answering my query. I have one request. Could you suggest me any other medicine to conceive? I have thyroid problem and taking Thyronorm 50 mcg for it.

#

• You are on right medications. As you are a thyroid patient, you have to repeat your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and regulate your medicines accordingly.
  • So, try for six months and repeat investigations after six months.

|