Q. Are there possibilities of conception in a woman who has experienced an abortion previously?

Dr. Usha Mohan

I am an adult weighing 70 kilograms and having a height of 5.3 feet. I have a problem conceiving with a history of one abortion, and my vitamin D levels are a bit low. My anti-mullerian hormone level is 1.25 ng/mL. I have no thyroid issues. As per the references in the report, it is mentioned as low fertility. Please check the reports that I have attached and clarify if it is the concerned range. Can I conceive naturally, or is treatment required? I have regular periods of 28 days with five days flow, no stomach pain, and no other issues.

#

I read your query and can understand your concern.

I have gone through the reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).The information you have given is not enough to make a proper evaluation. I need to know more to suggest to you.

1. How long have you been married?
  2. Since when are you trying to conceive?
  3. When did you have the miscarriage? Was it spontaneous?

Your anti-mullerian hormone level is slightly on the lower side. The fact that you have had a miscarriage and your regular periods is a good indicator that you can conceive.

I suppose it could be secondary infertility. So I suggest you do more tests such as FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), vitamin D 2, and serum progesterone levels and upload the results. I would also advise you to lose weight, which will help. I can give you further opinions on following up with your results. Alternatively, you could consult a fertility specialist who will do what is necessary.

Thank you for the reply.

It has been four years and six months of marriage. I conceived during the sixth week. Bleeding happened after the scan, and the baby did not have a heartbeat, so dilation and curettage were done. We had one year gap, and I suffered from coronavirus infection. I have been trying to conceive for the past five to six months. My FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) level is in the normal range. I have also been trying to reduce weight and using capsule Fol 123 for the past six months. The doctor suggested an abdominal and pelvis scan on 14th day of the cycle. I am attaching my husband's semen analysis report. And tell me can I get pregnant naturally? Or is it difficult?

#

I have gone through the reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Semen analysis is fine. I suggest getting an ultrasound of the pelvis. If you do not have PCOD (polycystic ovary syndrome), then the chances of getting pregnant spontaneously are good. But you do need to lose weight as that again increases the chances. As I said, you got pregnant once, so why should you not conceive again?

I would suggest you take M2 Tone syrup one teaspoon once daily for three months. It is ayurvedic and helps to regulate the menstrual cycle, improve ovulation, and support fertility.

Thank you and take care.

|