iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologyconception and pregnancyI am planning to conceive, but my FSH levels are elevated. Please help.

Can a woman with elevated FSH levels conceive naturally?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 9, 2023
Reviewed AtFebruary 10, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

My FSH level was elevated at 12.5 mIU/mL. I have also been taking antidepressants for the past two months. And I was also on tablet Clarithromycin and Amoxicillin last month for helicobacter pylori infection. So is it the cause of the elevated levels of FSH? Also, I have been trying to conceive. What should I do now? Please help.

Answered by Dr. Uzma Arqam


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern. FSH above ten is normally considered high, but have you tested it on the second day of the menstrual cycle? Have you undergone an anti-mullerian hormone test? It gives you the exact level of ovarian reserves. You can have FSH and an anti-mullerian hormone test on day two of periods. And get complete treatment for any disease you have been experiencing. You can have sex during the fertile period of cycles. During the fertile period, have a tablet of Medroxyprogesterone progesterone 5 mg twice daily from day 8 to 24. You can check your FSH and hormones on the second day of bleeding. You can have the option of IUI if you get menopausal symptoms with hormonal support.

I hope this has helped you.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy