Q. Can ultrasound tell when I conceived?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I have an ultrasound scan of my pregnancy, trying to figure out the likely day I had intercourse to understand paternity. I do not remember the last period I had. I had a nuva ring I should have changed, but I forgot. However, I have a scan taken from 2 days ago to upload with all the measurements. Is it possible to take a best guess on when intercourse might have happened if I share the scans? I had intercourse with partner one on the 4 th two months back (not full ejaculation inside), with partner two on 13 th of the same month (not full ejaculation inside), and with this same partner, I had sex on 20 th of the same month ( with full ejaculation inside).

#

I can understand your concern and will surely help you. However, it is a very early stage to say anything with conviction. However, based upon the details presented by you and the information presented in USG (ultrasonography), it is appearing to be a pregnancy due to conceiving in the first week two months back, so it is most likely from partner one (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). It will be really helpful if you can recollect the date of the last menstrual period or if you had some bleeding in between these days, which was like spotting or a very early period. This will further help to make an estimate as to when you conceived. Take adequate rest, stay relaxed, eat well and stay active like doing a brisk walk. At 41 years of age, you need to be extra careful. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

|