Q. Doctor advised us to have intercourse only from day 11 to get pregnant. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 31, 2021

I am trying to conceive my first baby, and I am on Clomid this month. My gynecologist has asked me not to have intercourse till day 11. From day 11, I can have intercourse every other day. Now the problem is that my husband is not satisfied with this decision. We would like to know the reason why we should not have intercourse till day 11. Can you explain?

#

I would not suggest that regimen of sex to get pregnant, let me explain.

• You should start having sex daily or alternate days as per your wish, but this is not for pregnancy. This is to throw away the older sperms.
  • Then, stop sex from 10th to 12th day of the period. It will allow young sperms to accumulate. Usually, ovulation occurs on day 12 to day 14 of the period.
  • Start sex daily from 12th day and any number of times. Life of sperm is three days. Pregnancy chances are high if young sperms are available.
  • Older sperms will form unhealthy embryo and the risk of abortion is higher. All the best.

For further information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

|