Q. From my scan report, please assure the status of my baby.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2020

I am 46 days pregnant. I am 29 years old. My weight is 5'8" and weight is 78 kg. I was on Clomid 50 mg and conceived in the first cycle. I am taking MCBM 69, Nutragest 200, Thyronorm 25 as my thyroid is on the border and Ecosprin. I am also taking Infertigin 5000 injections every week. I took my first scan on 43rd day. My last period date was 5th of last month. I have attached my scan report. My doctor scared me saying that there is no heartbeat and no pole visible, so keep your fingers crossed. I am extremely tensed and upset. My doctor was not at all positive about the report. She advised for another scan. Should I really be worried? I have attached my scan report for your advice.

#

• I have gone through your scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are 5 weeks 1 day pregnant and usually the heartbeat is seen only after 6 weeks. So, there is nothing to worry.
  • You need not keep your fingers crossed as well. Definitely, the heartbeat will come and no doubt in that.
  • Just repeat your scan after one week and continue taking the same medications as before.
  • For any further assistance get back to me and as of now there is nothing to worry about. Take care and all the best.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I have taken scan after 10 days. I am attaching my scan report. I request you to look into the report and tell me if everything is fine and normal.

#

I have gone through the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Congratulations! You have a healthy baby with a good heartbeat.
  • Repeat NT scan (nuchal translucency) as suggested and get back with reports. Take care.

Revert back with the report to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am 5 months pregnant, from yesterday I'm having loose motion and now feeling feverish..
What tablet can I take for fever. . Loose motion has stopped only Mild discomfort. Can you please help..
# Hi dear,
Please take Dolo 650 twice a day for 3-5 days.
Take adequate rest.
Plenty of fluids and maintain personal hygiene.
Do get back to me if you have a doubt.
Take care
Thanks doctor :)
# Most welcome my dear
However if the fever is persistent, meet your gynecologist and get checked once.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Take care
Hi doctor​,
Getting back to you after a long time.. hope you're doing good.
I have delivered a boy baby on April 27th.
I am suffering from hemorrhoids from past 2 days. Feeling very painful while passing motion and difficult to sit.
Having burning pain, what can I do for this.
As I'm breastfeeding what medicine can I take?
Please help me out as you always do :)
# Hi dear Aparna,
Hearty congratulations to you and God bless the lil one..
This could be mainly because of hormonal changes, post delivery.
Take plenty of fluids, fiber rich diet and bland diet.
You can apply lignocaine jelly over the area, so that you will find relief.
Also take duphalac syrup one table spoon every night, so that you have loose stools and pain relief.
However if you don't find relief, then get back to me.
Take care.
Thank you so much doc. . Will follow ur advice..
You've always helped me in difficult situations. Thanks once again:)
# Your most welcome dear..
Take care.
Few things related to the above post.
For how many days should I take the syrup?
That gel I'm unable to find in my visinity, is it ok to use proctosedyl bd?
I had little bleeding also in that area.
Should I be worried doc pls give your advice.
# Hi dear,
You can use that syrup for a month.
However within that period meet your gynecologist and get checked once for hemorrhoids.
Ya sure you can use proctosedyl also along with stool sifter like isabgol, which is easily available.
Bleeding is expected to happen in case of hemorrhoids,so there's nothing to worry about it.
But it's always better to get checked once.
Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further.
Take care.

|