Q. I have been trying to conceive for the last two months. What foods to avoid?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 28, 2021

I am trying for getting conceived for the past two months. I have a heat body. I have about 3 to 4 heat boils. I want to know about foods to be avoided while trying for conceiving. I take atleast 4 guavas a week and I am taking chickpea often. I also take capsicum salad twice a week. But I heard that capsicum produces heat in the body. I take around 10 cups of tea every month. Kindly suggest.

#

It is good to hear that you are trying to get conceived. But do not have any myths regarding food items. Take care of your ovulation days. It comes from the 11th to 22nd day in a 28 to 30 days cycle. It increases the chances of conception while trying on these days. Regarding foods, take foods that contain more antioxidants. Take fruits having a lot of lycopene such as pomegranate, tomato, watermelon, papaya, and mango. Take more green leafy vegetables containing folic acid. Take broccoli, lettuce, spinach, and other salads. Take plenty of fluids that help in detoxifying your body. Do not be stressed. Take less caffeinated drinks like tea, coffee, and cola drinks.

|