Q. Please suggest some measures to get pregnant?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 02, 2020

From last two years we are trying to conceive and recently my wife had SM test. The result of the prolactin blood test is 9.89 ng/mL and TSH is 2.84. The FSH result is 6.83 mlU/mL. Also the luteinizing hormone range is 3.83 mlU/ml and right ovary adnexal is 38 mm x 24 mm. Please explain the result to me.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• Her blood tests are normal, but her scan result is confusing. So, please send the complete scan report.
  • Have you done your semen analysis? If not, then get it done by a reputed laboratory and send me the report.
  • There should be three to four days abstinence before giving semen.
  • Please provide complete details of both including her menses cycles, other medical conditions, etc.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I have attached all the reports, including HSG and scan reports of my wife and my semen report. I also want to tell you that after the scan of my wife, the doctor gave her Ginette-35 for 21 days and Bigomet SR 500 mg twice daily. Is this medicine fine? Please suggest us about conceiving.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

I understand your concern.

• Your semen analysis is absolutely normal and even your wife's uterus and tubes are normal (attachmant removed to protect patient identity).
  • She has a simple cyst on her ovary and the doctor has given medicine to shrink the cyst.
  • On the second day of her menses the scan has to be done. From that we will come to know the cyst size.
  • If reduced, then we can repeat the scan in three to four day gap to know the growth of the follicles. That is called follicular study.
  • If the follicles are growing steadily, then it should reach around 18 to 20 mm in 14 to 15 days.
  • Daily intercourse, especially during these days will help in conceiving. After reaching 18 mm daily scans may be done to know the ovulation.
  • If follicles are not growing, then  it means she is not ovulating. Then she needs medicines and I hope her menstrual cycles are regular.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|