Q. Please suggest some measures to get pregnant?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Published on Jun 18, 2016

From last two years we are trying to conceive and recently my wife had SM test. The result of the prolactin blood test is 9.89 ng/mL and TSH is 2.84. The FSH result is 6.83 mlU/mL. Also the luteinizing hormone range is 3.83 mlU/ml and right ovary adnexal is 38 mm x 24 mm. Please explain the result to me.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• Her blood tests are normal, but her scan result is confusing. So, please send the complete scan report.
  • Have you done your semen analysis? If not, then get it done by a reputed laboratory and send me the report.
  • There should be three to four days abstinence before giving semen.
  • Please provide complete details of both including her menses cycles, other medical conditions, etc.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I have attached all the reports, including HSG and scan reports of my wife and my semen report. I also want to tell you that after the scan of my wife, the doctor gave her Ginette-35 for 21 days and Bigomet SR 500 mg twice daily. Is this medicine fine? Please suggest us about conceiving.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

I understand your concern.

• Your semen analysis is absolutely normal and even your wife's uterus and tubes are normal (attachmant removed to protect patient identity).
  • She has a simple cyst on her ovary and the doctor has given medicine to shrink the cyst.
  • On the second day of her menses the scan has to be done. From that we will come to know the cyst size.
  • If reduced, then we can repeat the scan in three to four day gap to know the growth of the follicles. That is called follicular study.
  • If the follicles are growing steadily, then it should reach around 18 to 20 mm in 14 to 15 days.
  • Daily intercourse, especially during these days will help in conceiving. After reaching 18 mm daily scans may be done to know the ovulation.
  • If follicles are not growing, then  it means she is not ovulating. Then she needs medicines and I hope her menstrual cycles are regular.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I cannot understand my semen analysis report. Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor,The semen analysis report is in my hand, but I cannot understand it.Liquefaction time- 30 minutes.Duration of abstinence- four days.Appearance- creamy white.Volume 4.0 ml.Ph 8Fructose- Present.Motility- 100.Spermatozoa- rapid 20%, slow 10%, non-progressive motility 5%, immotile 83%.Vita...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns about the semen analysis report. As per the available semen analysis report, you have very low sperm count and most of the available sperms are defective. As you can see that almost 80 % of your sperms are defective and ...  Read Full

Counseling for Newlyweds

Article Overview: Do not wait until you have a problem to seek marriage counseling. Counseling can help newlyweds with their communication skills, sexual relationship, and much more. Read Article

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Psychologist Counsellor

Most people enter the marriage life with unrealistic expectations of a dream life influenced by some popular songs and movies. But soon their dreams are shattered and their married life gets ruined before it takes off. Ideally, couples should seek premarital counseling before getting married. Howeve...  Read Article

How to find the exact date of conception?

Query: Hi doctor, According to my LMP, I was 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and ultrasound showed I was 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant. There was a CRL measurement of 26.96 mm. I had sex on the last day of my periods and then again after 11 days. And, my LMP and ultrasound calculation show two days difference. ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your estimation is correct. There is the least possibility of conceiving on the last day of the period. You must have conceived around the second event. Now, LMP (last menstrual period) and ultrasound time cannot match exactly. Although in your case, it is almost the...  Read Full