Q. Though my wife is pregnant, why are we unable to see anything in the scan?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 07, 2020

My wife is 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. But, our doctor is unable to see anything on the day of scanning. I am worried. Please help.

#

• Sometimes, the pregnancy will be detected late on ultrasound.
  • If she has no problem and the urine pregnancy test is positive, then repeat the ultrasound after two weeks.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Here is the today's report. Please have a look.

#

• There is no pregnancy in this scan, but endometrium is thick. So, there may be late conception.
  • If the urine pregnancy test is positive, then repeat the ultrasound after two weeks.
  • Often pregnancy is seen after two weeks in the second scan. Otherwise, as suggested in the report you can go for TVS (transvaginal scan) and beta hCG test (human chorionic gonadotropin).

|