Q. What is the right age to plan for a baby?

Published on Apr 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 27, 2020

I am a 28 year old woman and I am likely to get married by next year. As I will be 29 by the time I get married, should I plan to have a baby right after marriage? Or can I take some time? My fiance is not keen to plan a baby right after marriage. He is also 28 now and we want to enjoy a bit before planning a baby. But, I am worried. Will I have a problem if I delay it by two or three years?

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• It is definitely advisable to plan a baby before you get 30.
  • However, these days most people get married late and plan baby accordingly. So, it is not you should plan baby as soon as you get married.
  • It is always advisable to plan a baby at least after a year of marriage. So that you can understand each other well. Once you get a baby, life changes a lot.
  • So, do not worry for age. It hardly matters to have a baby at 28, 29 or even 30.

For further clarifications consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Is it not a matter to worry even if I plan it around 31 or 32 years?

#

• It is better to plan by 30 years of age. As the age advances, chances of complications increase.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Sickle Cell Disease - Screening and Marital Decisions

Article Overview: This article attempts to elaborate the situation of premarital couples who are concerned about their hemoglobin electrophoresis to predict their baby's genotypes with respect to the sickle cell disease. I picked this particular topic because a friend recently asked me what it meant for himself and his fiance to have sickle cell genotypes? On this article, I attempt to raise some clear points to address this issue and help patients reach an informed decision making, which will go a long way to help both their relationships and prevent giving birth to defective babies. Read Article

Dr. Nsah Bernard
Hematologist

Most couples during regular premarital consultations are concerned and anxious about sickle cell issue and often worried as to what the results mean, their implications on their relationship and especially their future babies. In premarital consultations, there are several other worrisome things to ...  Read Article

Will our blood group combination create a problem at the time of conceiving?

Query: Hello doctor,I am going to marry next month. Actually, problem is, I have A +ve blood group and she has B -ve blood group. So, I want to know, will this blood group combination create a problem at a time of conceiving to the mother and the fetus in the future?  Read Full »

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full »