Q. Why am I not able to conceive in spite of having regular periods?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

I am 24 years old. My husband is 48. He has two children from his last partner. 18 years old and 20 years old. We have been trying to get pregnant for nearly 12 months now. I was on the Depo injection which I only had twice and I never had it when it was due which was three years back. So do you think I need to seek advice or investigating from doctors? Or is there anything else I can do? I have been tracking ovulation for 10 months and I am ovulating every month. None of us are on any medication. I am taking folic acid regularly. He was a bit of a binge drinker around two times a week but has not done that for over 12 months.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You can safely try for another two months before going for investigations. Chance of pregnancy when you try for 12 months is around 85 %. For the information you gave, there does not appear any factor which can prevent pregnancy. There is no need to monitor ovulation, as it increases stress and reduces the chance of pregnancy. When your cycles are regular, ovulation is considered to happen regularly unless proved otherwise.

|