Q. Why am I not able to conceive in spite of having regular periods?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
Published on Nov 14, 2018

I am 24 years old. My husband is 48. He has two children from his last partner. 18 years old and 20 years old. We have been trying to get pregnant for nearly 12 months now. I was on the Depo injection which I only had twice and I never had it when it was due which was three years back. So do you think I need to seek advice or investigating from doctors? Or is there anything else I can do? I have been tracking ovulation for 10 months and I am ovulating every month. None of us are on any medication. I am taking folic acid regularly. He was a bit of a binge drinker around two times a week but has not done that for over 12 months.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You can safely try for another two months before going for investigations. Chance of pregnancy when you try for 12 months is around 85 %. For the information you gave, there does not appear any factor which can prevent pregnancy. There is no need to monitor ovulation, as it increases stress and reduces the chance of pregnancy. When your cycles are regular, ovulation is considered to happen regularly unless proved otherwise.

| 

Can an I-pill prevent pregnancy if sex is had in the fertile period?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner and I had unprotected sex 10 days ago. She took an I-pill the very next day. Two days after the first sexual encounter, we again had sex and she again took an I-pill the very next day. Her LMP was a week before the first sexual encounter. She is also having a...  Read Full »

HSG report shows some problem in left fallopian tube. Can I conceive naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have gone for all relevant test for checking infertility. My AMH and thyroid report are both normal. My HSG report is showing issues about the left tube. I am attaching my report kindly review and let me know if I can conceive naturally or next what should I do?  Read Full »

Counseling for Newlyweds

Article Overview: Do not wait until you have a problem to seek marriage counseling. Counseling can help newlyweds with their communication skills, sexual relationship, and much more. Read Article

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Psychologist Counsellor

Most people enter the marriage life with unrealistic expectations of a dream life influenced by some popular songs and movies. But soon their dreams are shattered and their married life gets ruined before it takes off. Ideally, couples should seek premarital counseling before getting married. Howev...  Read Article

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now