Q. Why am I not conceiving, and why do I have painful periods?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I have been trying to conceive for five years now. I have painful periods, and I see blood clots every time. I have never been conceived, I have not taken any medication before, and I have never seen a doctor.

#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. I have gone through the details presented by you and the image shared by you (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Do not worry. It is fine, and there is no need to panic. See, pregnancy is an outcome of many things going right. To get pregnant, the sperms have to be released inside the vagina of the female. The sperms then need to fertilize an egg which may or may not be available depending upon the ovulation pattern of the female. After successful fertilization of the egg, the fertilized egg is required to be implanted in the uterus of the female. When all this happens successfully, a female is said to have conceived.

Now in your case, I request the following information:

1. Age of your partner and your age.

2. Lifestyle and habits, including drinking and smoking habits.

3. Any previous pregnancy of you or your partner.

4. Any medication you are on.

5. Any genetic issues are known to you.

Do not worry; I am always there for you. Feel free to ask any questions or to share any additional information. God bless.

|