Q. How to control the rise of BP during anxiety? Is tablet Concor advisable?

Answered by Dr. Anoop Mathew and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Concor or Blood Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: How to control the rise of BP during anxiety? Is tablet Concor advisable?

I am suffering from high blood pressure for the last three years. During discomfort, the reading comes around 140-148/90-98 mmHg. In normal times, it is 120/80 mmHg. Presently, I have been taking Cilacar 10 in the morning after breakfast and Ecosprin AV 75 at night as suggested by my doctor. I am taking Cilacar since nine months and started Ecosprin just five to six months back.

Earlier, I was taking Telma 40. But, my high BP has not cured fully. Sometimes, particularly in the evening due to the anxiety I feel some discomfort and uneasiness in the left chest. But, I do not have any pain. I am getting sleep only after some struggle for an hour or two. But after deep sleep, I feel relieved.

My blood sugar level, lipid profile and last ECG report were fine. My doctor did not advise for echo or any further test. I have attached my latest blood report. I do not smoke and drink. But, inactive lifestyle due to sitting in front of a computer for hours. Please suggest some alternate or additional medicine to cure my hypertension and anxiety. Thank you.