Q. I am constipated, and my poop is light brown. Why?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have pain and bloating on the left side of my upper stomach, just under my left breast. When I eat food, it starts to bloat up and is painful, like my ribs are having pressure pushed on them. I do not feel unwell with this symptom, but I have been constipated, and my poo is light brown. I have had the pain for about five days, but it is not as bad as it was, but it still hurts when I eat. I have no other symptoms.

#

Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern.

Sir, the pain and bloating are due to acidity and constipation, so if we treat the underlying causes, you will be fine. Constipation is usually due to a low fiber diet, so I suggest you take a high fiber diet such as banana, orange, apple, green vegetables and drink plenty of water.

• Have you ever noticed blood in stool?
  • How severe is the pain?

Please answer.

Constipation.
Acidity.

None.

Gastritis.

Abdominal pain.

Tablet Cremalax (Sodium Picosulfate) 10 mg once a day before sleeping.
Tablet Pantop (Pantoprazole) 40 mg once a day before meal.
Tablet Meftal spas (Dicyclomine and Simethicone) when you have pain.
Take for three days.

|