Q. What is the treatment for constipation in ayurvedic medicine?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Aug 09, 2018

Please suggest me a way to cure my constipation. I am suffering from my childhood. Now, my age is 45. I am taking medicines for the past four years. Before two years, I got TIA attack. I took both ayurvedic and homeopathy medicines for constipation. After a few days, I got peripheral neuropathy. I took allopathy medicines for three months, and I was taking homeopathy medicines too along with it for constipation. I had no relief from my problem. I was taking tablet Dulane 20 mg, Pregab 150 mg once a day, tablet Insumin plus.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

I can understand your difficulty due to constipation. People who naturally have vaatha type of prakriti (lean body) has the higher chances of constipation. So, I would like to suggest the following:

Consume dry grapes whenever you eat snacks, at least four times a day (morning, afternoon, evening and before bed). When taking more dry grapes, there is no problem of constipation. While sleeping, you sleep on the left side. While morning when you are getting up, make sure that you lie down on the left side of the body for at least 10 minutes before getting up from the bed. Sleeping on the right side or other positions will help to increase constipation. Then drink a cup of hot water. Avoid tea, coffee, and smoking if you have these habits. You see whether your nostril is blocked, it can also cause constipation. Regular pranayama practice done daily can help you to relieve constipation.

1. Siddhadhi Ennai 25 capsules. Consume one capsule before bed with hot water. Consume it weekly for two days only. If you have constipation severely, then consume every other alternate day.
  2. Tablet Bhavana Kadukkai 100 tablets, keep one tablet in mouth after breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can see more salivation and tablet get dissolved in saliva. Consume it. This is a chewable tablet. It should not be swallowed. Keep it on the tongue.

These two drugs are sufficient to treat your constipation.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

How to Avoid Constipation?

Article Overview: This article gives you brief information about constipation and its treatment. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

What Is Constipation? It is an incomplete movement of the intestine. It is a prevalent problem which affects 90 % of people in the world. In initial days, people ignore this complaint, but as days pass, it disturbs the routine. If your stomach is not emptied, it will make you feel irritated, and yo...  Read Article

I have constipation and a burning sensation in the anus. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a dental student doing my internship. I am suffering from constipation from the past one week. I have a burning sensation in the anal region which I am unable to tolerate. Sometimes, there is severe itching and pain as well. I stay in the hostel. So, can you suggest me some tips...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having constipation and burning sensation in the anal region?

Query: Hi doctor, I have constipation, pain in stomach and gas for the past three to four days. I feel uncomfortable. I also have a burning sensation in the anal region. Please help me.  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now