Q. I have a non-healing recurring spot on my back. Why?

I seem to have a recurring spot on my back. Feels like a bite but it never heals and never goes away. It also has a brownish dark area on the skin around it. No pain.

#

Exactly how long it has been there? Please send few more close up photographs? Any family history? Any history of diabetes mellitus or hypertension or any other medical illness?

Maybe about a month.

#

Looking like a case of allergic contact dermatitis, just use Mometasone cream twice daily for a month. If not subsided, then you may need to go for dermatopathological examination. But, in my opinion, it will not be needed and will subside by its own after application of the cream. Just let me know if it is increasing in size or any new features are emerging.

|