Q. What should one do when the contact lens was not removed for 10 years?

Dr. K K Agrawal
Published on Feb 04, 2019

My husband has not removed his contact lens from his eyes in over 10 years he says. He cannot remove them. Please let me know what he should do.

Dr. K K Agrawal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

If contact lens has been there for the last 10 years, then it would cause a lot of problems like redness, watering, itching, pain, blurring of vision. I do not think the contact lens is still there. You should still consult an Ophthalmologist for an eye exam to ascertain it, and get it removed if still present. Please follow up with what the doctor advises and any other query.

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full »

My wife has peculiar headache near left ear. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 35 years old. She is 5 feet and weighs 50 kg. She is having a peculiar pain for the past six to eight months. The pain is located just above the left ear and 2 cm beside the left eye. Earlier, the pain use to occur once in one to two months. Usual timing for this pain is bedti...  Read Full »

I have a recurring sharp headache from the past few months. Should I go to the doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I am fairly active. For three to four months now, I have been experiencing random sharp pains behind my right ear on the back of my head. This has also been followed by increased head pressure and regular throbbing headaches. Few weeks, these symptoms only ...  Read Full »