HomeAnswersInternal Medicinecontraceptive pillI had a little vomiting after taking I-pill. Should I take another dose?

Is it necessary to take another dose of I-pill if vomited after first dose?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 30, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 30, 2023

Patient's Query

I took an I-pill immediately after unprotected sex. After five hours I had a reflux sort of vomiting, very little but now I do not know if I should take another pill or not?

Usually, it is not necessary to take an additional pill if one vomited after three hours. If just vomited a little then it is not necessary to take an additional pill. Then also confirm whether you had 0.75 mg or 1.5 mg tablet. If it was 1.5 mg then it is not necessary. However, if you have consumed 0.75 mg then it is better to take an additional 0.75 mg after 12 hours. So, overall it is not necessary to take any additional dose, just confirm the above factors for additional surety.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Cardiology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

contraceptive pillvomiting

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy