HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologycontraceptive pillMT: I have had a recent history of engaging in sexual activity and taking emergency contraception and after that, I experienced some bleeding. Am I pregnant?

Should a 31-year-old male who got engaged in oral sex with a sex worker take any preventive measures?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 10, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 10, 2023

Patient's Query

I have had a recent history of engaging in sexual activity and taking emergency contraception. Subsequently, I experienced some bleeding. More recently, I have noticed light bleeding accompanied by a whitish substance. Additionally, I have been dealing with symptoms such as low blood pressure (107/74 mmHg), nausea, headache, and morning sickness. Am I pregnant? Kindly help.

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern.

Bleeding after sexual activity can be caused by factors such as cervical or vaginal irritation, and it is not always indicative of pregnancy. Nonetheless, if you engaged in unprotected intercourse during your fertile window, the possibility of pregnancy should be considered. The symptoms that you have mentioned, including light bleeding and changes in blood pressure, can indeed be related to pregnancy, but they can also be attributed to various other factors.

To accurately determine if you are pregnant, taking a pregnancy test is the recommended course of action. Home pregnancy tests are readily available and offer reliable results. For more accurate outcomes, it is advisable to wait until after you havemissed your period or approximately a week following potential conception before taking the test.

If you are uneasy about your symptoms or suspect a potential pregnancy, seeking guidance from a healthcare professional is strongly recommended. They can assess your situation, conduct necessary tests, and provide appropriate advice and care tailored to your circumstances.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Andrews
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

contraceptive pillnausea

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy