Q. Kindly suggest me some good medicines to reduce my high serum cholesterol level of 303 mg/dL.

Dr. Aida Quka

I have received the reports of my lipid panel. My cholesterol level is 303 mg/dL. Kindly suggest to me some good medicines for this.

Thanks.

#

I understand your concern. I would explain that your blood lipid profile indicates dyslipidemia, which can lead to a higher risk of stroke or heart attack in the future (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

For this reason, I would recommend some diet modifications as follow;

• Kindly reduce fatty food, sugar, and fast foods.
  • Do aerobics.
  • Kindly eat food rich in omega 3 fatty acids.

I would also recommend starting a tablet Statin (Lovastatin) 10 mg once daily.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

|