Common "Control Diabetes" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Control Diabetes

You can control your blood sugar levels by a combination of medicines, healthy eating, and exercise. Make sure you take Insulin or anti-diabetic medicines prescribed by your doctor on time, follow your meal plan, keep monitoring your blood sugar levels, and exercise regularly.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why does my 80-year-old father have high sugar levels even after taking so many medicines?

Query: Hello, My 80-year-old father has been diabetic for the past 30 years and hypertensive for the past five years. He has had bypass surgery and a stroke in the past. His fasting blood sugar has been in the range of 175 mg/dL to 200 mg/dL for the last two weeks. After breakfast, it comes in the range of...  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. I have the following suggestions for your father. He can increase Mixtard to three units in the morning and two units at night. Considering his age and previous history of ischemic heart disease, his HBA1c (hemoglobin A1...  Read Full »

I am a diabetic patient with leg injury. How long does it take to heal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55-year-old male with diabetes, taking medications regularly. Last week my toe got a hit on the doorstep. I do not have pain, but the injury is not healing. So I took tests like complete blood count, blood sugar level, and thyroid profile. The fasting blood sugar level was 130 mg/d...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Tetanus injection is effective within six hours of injury. Do not apply oil. Avoid sugary substances like honey, white sugar, cane sugar, brown sugar, rice, biscuits, and juices. Eat fruits like papaya, guava, and kiwi. Eat millets, bread, and multigrain flour. Do exer...  Read Full »

My diabetes is not under control despite taking medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I take GP3 before lunch and dinner, Obimate SR 1 gm after lunch and dinner, and Tryglynase 2 before breakfast but my diabetes is not coming under control. I have attached my report.  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. There are three ways to control diabetes. Diet, exercise, medicines (oral or Insulin). No matter how good your blood sugar reports are, you should definitely follow a strict anti-diabetic diet and do regular daily aerobic exercises like wa...  Read Full »

My father is a chronic diabetes patient with a diabetic foot infection. Can you please help?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is a 52-year-old diabetic patient. He has had diabetes for the past five years. The values were around 340 mg/dL when we did the sugar test, and his BP was 140 mg/dL. He has also got an infection in his leg, due to which he has been feeling weak for the last two weeks. He is cur...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Please give your father the following. For diabetes, stop tablet Okamet 500 and give Tablet Reclimet (Gliclazide and Metformin) twice a day, Capsule Amree plus twice a day. For infection of the leg, Clean it with hydrogen peroxide. Appl...  Read Full »

How to treat pus filled boils on face and neck in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 68 years old. I was supposed to meet you after 15 days of treatment prescribed by you. Due to lockdown, unable to appear for consultation in person. The bacterial infection on the face and neck (pus filled boils) initially got reduced but new eruptions has started to emerge. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priya B. T

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen the attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have not got the picture of your skin lesions. But as you are giving the history of boils again. Please keep the blood sugar under control. HbA1c 9.4 is high. This is the reason for recurrin...  Read Full »

I am a 60-year-old diabetic patient with an enlarged prostate. Kindly suggest ways to control my sugar level.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 60 years old and my fasting blood sugar level is 342 mg/dl and my postprandial (taken two hours after a meal) level is 384 mg/dl. I also have a urological problem (enlargement of the prostate). Give me some advice on how to lower my sugar level. Please tell me about which food I ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreejith. M. G

Answer: Hello, Welcome to We appreciate you for contacting us. To control diabetes, the most important factors are exercise and diet. I suggest you do the following: Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes which includes walking, swimming, and so on. Always select small frequent low glycem...  Read Full »

Can a low carbohydrate diet, high-fat diet, and intermediate fasting make my glucose and lipid levels normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54 year old male, and I do not smoke or drink. I am prediabetic and overweight from the past five years. I have started LCHF (low carb high fat) and IF (intermediate fasting) diet for seven weeks. This has given very good results, I was 220 lbs, and now I weigh 198.4 lbs. And my...  Read Full »

Dr. Deep Dutta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to LCHF diet is a good short-term option for weight loss. But it is not a good option for long-term weight loss. Prolonged use of this diet is associated with increased risk of hypercholesterolemia and fatty liver disease, which limits their long-term use. Based on your...  Read Full »

Why do I have perioral movements and hand tremors?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I am a known diabetic. I have been experiencing perioral movements and tremors in hand. I am on Seroquel for depression. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shazia Anjum

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern and need more information to suggest better. How long have you been on Seroquel (Quetiapine) medication? Did you experience hand tremors, involuntary movements of jaw, mouth, etc., before starting this drug? Does the severity of tremor decrea...  Read Full »

My mother has been diagnosed with diabetes. Can you suggest a proper diet plan for her and what foods to avoid?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been diagnosed with diabetes a few months back. She is taking Glycomet-GP 1 twice daily and going for regular walks. Can you suggest a diet plan that she can follow for better sugar level control? What foods she should avoid? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. I suggest you follow the instructions mentioned below. Continue ongoing medicine as per your treating doctor. Avoid sweets, sugar, honey, and jaggery. Consume fruits like papaya, guava, and kiwi. Replace white ri...  Read Full »

Can I take Glycomet with Vobit 0.3 milligrams to control my diabetes and improve my performance at workplace?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had diabetes for the past few years. I was taking Janumet 50 milligrams/500 milligrams and Vobit 0.3 milligrams to control diabetes, and Olmy 20 milligrams to control high blood pressure. However, my doctor has changed the medicine to Glycomet 500 SR. Is it normal, and can I tak...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. It seems you got diabetes and high blood pressure at a young age. Vobit 0.3 milligrams (Voglibose) helps in reducing blood sugar. It can be taken with Glycomet (Metformin Hydrochloride). There is no harm. However...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.