Control Diabetes

I am diabetic from last six years and under medications. Please suggest medicine for better control.

Query: Hello doctor,I am diabetic from last six years and taking Pioplus 2, K-vog once in a day. My Hba1C rest is on 8.9, and random sugar is 236. Please suggest me medicine for better control.  Read Full »

Dr. Shazli Naseer

Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need some more information such as your age, weight, kidney function, fasting blood sugar, and post-meal blood sugar or bedtime blood sugar to answer your question. At least done three days per week. And I need a two-week log. That will help me choose the best medi...  Read Full »

Why has the sugar level not reduced after taking Dibizid M?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has diabetes for the past 10 years. She has been on Dibizid M (twice a day- morning and night) and the sugar levels had been under control until the past few months. A few months ago her sugar levels went up and here before food reading was 220, while after food it was 180 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali

Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medicine is fine. Divide her diet in six portions and decrease fat content as low as possible.  Read Full »

Should I take drugs when my diabetes is under control by following diet?

Query: Hello doctor, I was feeling angry and very consistent in the urine. I decided to check my blood sugar level. I was in fasting regularly. Meanwhile, I was under extreme stress pressure due to my job problems, I consulted with the doctor and checked the blood sugar level, and it was 391 with fasting w...  Read Full »

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali

Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your test of HbA1c is too high. It is good that you have controlled your sugar with diet and exercise. But you should take some safe medication. But to control your sugar, you need some more lab test. Now you can start a formula of Sitagliptin and Metformin 50/500 on...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of Glycomet SR 500 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in the initial stage of diabetes. I have been diagnosed before a year only. I walk 7 km a day and five days a week. Still, my present medication does not maintain my glucose levels. My average fasting blood sugar level is 140. I am currently on Glycomet 250 and I am wondering if I sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. From your blood glucose levels, it is clear that the medication you are taking is not sufficient to control your blood glucose. You have not mentioned if you are taking Glycomet 250 once or twice a day. If you are taking Glycomet 25...  Read Full »

Can you tell the reason for fasting blood sugar level higher than postprandial?

Query: Hi doctor, My fasting blood sugar is 130 to 135 over last four years. My postprandial sugar is between 90 to 110. Yes, my postprandial is less than my fasting sugar level. Usually, the reading will be taken after 1 hour 45 minutes or 2 hours after eating breakfast. I am unable to bring down the fast...  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to tell you that different mechanism of our body act to control our fasting and postprandial sugars. Firstly, you are doing well with your blood sugars. The fasting sugar is slightly higher, but no issues. Secondly, you should take your medicine Glycomet (...  Read Full »

Why is diabetes not under control even after taking medications?

Query: Hello doctor, I take GP3 before lunch and dinner, Obimate SR 1 gm after lunch and dinner, Tryglynase 2 before breakfast but diabetes is not coming under control. I have attached my report.  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. There are three ways to control diabetes. Diet, exercise, medicines (oral or Insulin). No matter how good your blood sugar reports are, you should definitely follow a strict anti-diabetic diet and do regular daily aerobic exercises like wa...  Read Full »

Do all the diabetics develop diabetic neuropathy?

Query: Hi doctor, Can you tell me, do all the diabetics develop diabetic neuropathy? My relative is 25 and just got diagnosed with type 2 diabetics. Will she definitely develop neuropathy. Can you also tell me the estimates of the number of diabetics developing it? She is diabetic but is not a BP patient.  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Almost all the people having diabetes will sometime during the course of the disease will develop diabetic neuropathy. The reason is damage to microvasculature (small blood vessels supplying the nerves) get affected. Even with fairly well controlled diabetes this doe...  Read Full »

Why is my sugar level still abnormal after taking medicines?

Query: Hello doctor, My fasting sugar is 180 and postprandial is 165. I am diabetic and take one tablet Janumet before breakfast and another after dinner. Why is this abnormal? Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The blood sugar levels are still raised as your dosage must be insufficient. I would like to advise you to tell me the dosage of tablet Janumet that you are taking along with tablet Gluconorm. According to your fasting and postprandial blood sugar, I would then be ab...  Read Full »

Vobit M3 is not controlling diabetes. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from diabetes for five years and taking Metformin M2 Glimepiride 1 mg three times a day. Diabetes was under control for one month. Fasting was 180/200 and PP is 360/400. After taking Vobit M3 daily one tablet before lunch, there is no control of diabetes. Please advise....  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to ask you if these readings are after stopping the medications or while you were on them. Also, are you following a strict diabetic diet and doing regular exercise? I would like to stress on the fact that even if you are taking medications, you...  Read Full »

I am a diabetic with high sugar levels, pain and weak limbs. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having some weakness issue and pain in limbs. I am diabetic for the last five years. My current fasting blood glucose level is 200 and PP is 278. HbA1c is 8.5. Current medicines are Galvus Met 50/1000 twice daily. Diamicron XR 60 two tablets. Pioglit 30 once during dinner. Suprad...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the details given, including the laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood glucose (both fasting and PP) are high. Fasting is particularly much higher. HbA1c % is also fairly high, both these suggest there is improper...  Read Full »