Q. Kindly suggest medicine for a better control of diabetes.

Dr. Shazli Naseer
Published on Aug 25, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 29, 2019

I am diabetic from last six years and taking Pioplus 2, K-vog once in a day. My Hba1C rest is on 8.9, and random sugar is 236. Please suggest me medicine for better control.

Dr. Shazli Naseer

Diabetology
#

I need some more information such as your age, weight, kidney function, fasting blood sugar, and post-meal blood sugar or bedtime blood sugar to answer your question. At least done three days per week. And I need a two-week log. That will help me choose the best medicine for you.But from current review, the following is recommended,

1. Start with diet control, and it is a must. Avoid any sugary drinks, including soda, sweets, tea, and juices. Cut back on flour and sugar. No items with concentrated sugar. Cut back on rice, potato, pasta, roti, and bread only eat small portion daily.

2. You are on the maximum amount of medicine. Your doctor may have to cut back on some pills and instead at one bedtime dose of insulin-like Lantus, or Levemir. If your blood sugar is not controlled on so many medicines, it needs a change of treatment for sure. You are more than welcome to request detail consult, and I will be able to suggest you the right plan.

| 

Please suggest a diet plan for type 2 diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I have type 2 diabetes. I am 29 years old. My height is 5'7" and weight is 58 kg. 34 days back I gave blood tests. My fasting blood sugar was 313, postprandial 599, HbA1c-14.9, T3 109.6, T4-12.30, vitamin D-6.2 and TSH-2.29. After five days, I consulted a doctor and he gave me medicin...  Read Full »

What diet can be given to prevent dialysis and control creatinine level in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, 68 years old, diabetic, with chronic kidney disease, and creatinine level 5.96. What diet should be given to prevent dialysis and control creatinine level?  Read Full »

Is brown rice good for a diabetic patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. My height is 6 feet height and weight is 90 kg. I have been a hypertensive for the past ten years. My fasting sugar generally comes in the range of 100 to 130; PP 140 to 170 and A1c level is 6.6. Should I start medicine for this? For hypertension I am taking Losar...  Read Full »

Ask a Diabetologist Now