Q. Kindly suggest medicine for a better control of diabetes.

Dr. Shazli Naseer
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am diabetic from last six years and taking Pioplus 2, K-vog once in a day. My Hba1C rest is on 8.9, and random sugar is 236. Please suggest me medicine for better control.

#

I need some more information such as your age, weight, kidney function, fasting blood sugar, and post-meal blood sugar or bedtime blood sugar to answer your question. At least done three days per week. And I need a two-week log. That will help me choose the best medicine for you.But from current review, the following is recommended,

1. Start with diet control, and it is a must. Avoid any sugary drinks, including soda, sweets, tea, and juices. Cut back on flour and sugar. No items with concentrated sugar. Cut back on rice, potato, pasta, roti, and bread only eat small portion daily.

2. You are on the maximum amount of medicine. Your doctor may have to cut back on some pills and instead at one bedtime dose of insulin-like Lantus, or Levemir. If your blood sugar is not controlled on so many medicines, it needs a change of treatment for sure. You are more than welcome to request detail consult, and I will be able to suggest you the right plan.

|