Q. What are the important medicines to control diabetes?

I am a diabetic for 20 years with by pass surgery done 7 years back. My sugar levels are 239 fasting 330 PP. For sugar Azulix 3 mg once and Insogen 50/40. I have attached my medicine list here. Now, I am concerned on my sugar level, little swelling in the foot, little itching in the body. I would want to know whether I can discard any of my existing medicines as I am taking 14 medicines per day. Please advice.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Firstly, regarding reducing medications, all the medications are essential (attachment removed to protect patient identity), however, you may combine those as following.

Now, instead of three separate medications like Aspirin 150 Clopidogrel 75 and Rozavel 20, you may have tablet Rosutor gold 150/20 mg bedtime. Also, instead of Prolomet 25 mg twice daily and Cilacar 10 mg once daily, you can have tablet Cilacar M 10/50 mg once daily in the morning after breakfast. Also, instead of M strong and lyrica, you may just have capsule Pregaba M 75 mg bedtime. If you do not have pain or burning in the limbs then you may try avoiding this. Also, Restyl may be avoided if not necessary for sleep.

So, by this way you may significantly reduce the number of medications and cost. Now regarding sugar, you will hike up in the medications. Now let me know how much insulin are you having. You may either increase the dose of Janumet to 50/1000 mg twice daily (from 50/500) or alternatively may increase the dose of insulin 30/70 by 2 units in the morning and then evening according to need. You will need to check your sugars frequently during optimization period. You may consult endocrinologist for diabetic part as well.

|