Corneal Topography

Does wearing glasses help to provide better vision for high myopic astigmatism?

Query: Hello, I visited my ophthalmologist and he didnt see anything wrong with my vision, but I, 16 years old who only suffers of myopia and astigmatism, have a very bad vision and difficulties to read just from 50 cm. This is what he wrote: Right eye 8/10 S +0,25 C -4.50 Ax 175 Left eye 8/10 S +0,25 C...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq. Your prescription shows you have High Myopic Astigmatism. Your ophthalmologist must have examined your eyes properly..Usually glasses prescriptions can changr upto age of 20-21 yrs so before that age no Laser procedure is done to get rid from glasses. So you need to wear gla...  Read Full »

What can cause blurry image, itchy eyes, and headache?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having lots of trouble with my eyes lately. Reading glasses are not helping me. Everything has begun to get blurred. I have noticed that I have been rubbing my eyes a lot and I have been getting headaches. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, there are many causes of decreased vision and itching for which you need to rub your eyes. Please answer a few questions. Since how long you are using glasses? When you had your last refraction? Do you have any eye allergy, itching, watering or redness that get...  Read Full »

How to get rid of glasses?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have vision problem. I am unable to read books for more than half an hour. Also, I am not able to read for 10 minutes in computer. In my right eye the cylindrical power is -1 at axis 130 and in the left eye the cylindrical power was -0.75 at axis 40. What is the best ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got astigmatism. It can be corrected by glasses or contact lenses. If you want to get rid of glasses, then there are different laser procedures like PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) or Femto-Lasik surgery. They are very safe and simple procedures. But, for the ...  Read Full »