Corona Virus

What to do if you experience symptoms of COVID-19?

Query: Hi Doctor, My friend told me that she had fever and mild cough few days ago. She also experience hive, sore throat and mild inflammation on her face. Today is the 5th day and she doesn't have fever , no hive and no inflammation anymore and she feels better. However, she is afraid that what she...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello! Thank you for reaching out Is your friend have history of exposure to someone who is COVID19 positive? Is she also came from an area where there is a high number of COVID19 positive? Considering the circumstances that we are in a pandemic, it is best to assume that she is a suspected COVID...  Read Full »

Can COVID-19 cause only a burning sensation in the throat?

Query: I have burning sensation in my throat for last 7 days still no other symptoms..may i effected from covid 19  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hello, I can understand your concern. As your area is facing more cases of covid19, it is good that you are seeking medical advice for your symptoms. First of all, I would like to say do not panic. The burning sensation in the throat can be due to some irritation that has caused due to especially c...  Read Full »

Can coronavirus infect you through a paper cut on the thumb?

Query: Hi. I am really scared about touching things in general because of the Coronavirus, but I also have a paper cut on my thumb and want to check if it is possible to contract it through it getting through my cut? That’s not possible, right? I am so scared of touching anything. I’m scared t...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Well, there has been no evidence suggesting parentral transmission. Its entry into body has been largely suggested to occur through mucus membranes of nose, mouth and conjunctiva. In any case of a person happens to pick virus even if if doesn't enter through blood, it is likely to enter through mout...  Read Full »