Corona Virus

Is it possible to get infection from a corona positive patient after 14 days?

Query: Hi doctor,My husband is 45 years old and he was confirmed with corona positive before a week. He is good now.   Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement, your husband became COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) positive recently. His RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) test showed a positive result. As it has been a week, he is still asymptomatic and...  Read Full »

My corona test shows positive result after 20 days of COVID infection. What to do?

Query: hello sir, i was infected to corona virus and get sick before 20 days and get isolated and i went for my cover test after a week and get positive result. i was in full isolation in room and after 10 days i was totally well and had no symptom at all and after staying isolation i tested again a week ...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Thanks for your query. First, i will request you to share your reports, all of them (COVID tests and any other tests) immediately. I will recommend a continued home isolation if asymptomatic and doctor referral locally, if you have symptoms. You may need a bit of treatment and focus on staying stab...  Read Full »

My breathing is uncomfortable even after getting recovered from covid-19. Why?

Query: Hello I am a male who weights 212 pounds, and is 5 foot 9. I was diagnosed with Covid-19 2 weeks ago, and my symptoms all gone away except one. I don't know if I have shortness of breath, dyspnea, or other breathing problems, but I feel like I need more air in my lungs, and my breathing has been un...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi I’m very sorry to learn about your condition. Covid-19 is very new and tricky disease, everyday we as physicians are learning more about it. For example that up to 30% of all recovered Covid patients will still suffer from some degree of symptoms. It’s called long-Covid and the re...  Read Full »

What to do if you experience symptoms of COVID-19?

Query: Hi Doctor, My friend told me that she had fever and mild cough few days ago. She also experience hive, sore throat and mild inflammation on her face. Today is the 5th day and she doesn't have fever , no hive and no inflammation anymore and she feels better. However, she is afraid that what she...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello! Thank you for reaching out Is your friend have history of exposure to someone who is COVID19 positive? Is she also came from an area where there is a high number of COVID19 positive? Considering the circumstances that we are in a pandemic, it is best to assume that she is a suspected COVID...  Read Full »

Can COVID-19 cause only a burning sensation in the throat?

Query: I have burning sensation in my throat for last 7 days still no other symptoms..may i effected from covid 19  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hello, I can understand your concern. As your area is facing more cases of covid19, it is good that you are seeking medical advice for your symptoms. First of all, I would like to say do not panic. The burning sensation in the throat can be due to some irritation that has caused due to especially c...  Read Full »

Can coronavirus infect you through a paper cut on the thumb?

Query: Hi. I am really scared about touching things in general because of the Coronavirus, but I also have a paper cut on my thumb and want to check if it is possible to contract it through it getting through my cut? That’s not possible, right? I am so scared of touching anything. I’m scared t...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Well, there has been no evidence suggesting parentral transmission. Its entry into body has been largely suggested to occur through mucus membranes of nose, mouth and conjunctiva. In any case of a person happens to pick virus even if if doesn't enter through blood, it is likely to enter through mout...  Read Full »