Q. Why am I getting blood through nose and cough?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
Published on Aug 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 18 years old. I had fever some 15 days back, which lasted for two days. Now, for the past few days, blood is coming out along with running nose. Also, I am getting blood through cough. I am not having fever now and feel normal. However, I feel that something oozing in the throat. Around seven months ago, I had a little bit of blood on spitting. I had an x-ray before seven months and it was normal.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• As you have mentioned that there is blood in nasal secretion and cough and the chest x-ray is normal, I think this is related to the sinus infection.
  • Many times chronic sinusitis can cause prolonged running nose. The infection could be fungal or bacterial of paranasal sinuses.
  • In my opinion, you should get an x-ray of paranasal sinuses and consult an ENT specialist as you may need antibiotics too.
  • Also, check complete blood count and ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate).
  • Please take steam inhalation four times a day. In my opinion, you need a proper ENT checkup.

1. Sinusitis.
2. Bronchitis.

Complete blood count, x-ray paranasal sinuses and ESR.

Revert back with the reports to a general medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Why does my 7-year-old have breathing difficulty, cough and throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 year old daughter has difficulty in breathing. Sometimes, she also makes noise while breathing. She has frequent cough and pain in the throat. The doctor advised a few medications. There was a little relief after two days. After exemption of medicine, the breathing difficulty, cough...  Read Full »

Is frequent nose bleeding without any reason normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to ask if the nose bleeding is normal? I mean the father's family are like this. They just get the nosebleeding out of the blue and so the child too, just a while ago. I am really worried about my nephew. Is this normal? Or something serious is going on? Please help me.  Read Full »

Does nose bleeding occur after a septoplasty?

Query: Hello doctor, Last week, I have done a septoplasty and the dressing was taken out yesterday. Now my nose bleeds a lot the whole day and then it was normal. Today I woke up and there was a lot of blood in my nose and it was dry inside. Is it because I missed out taking the nasal spray while I was asl...  Read Full »