Q. I have cough and my throat is red which does not get relieved on Azithromycin. Why?

Published on Nov 14, 2019

I am 22 years old. I have some issues. Three years ago I had sex with a girl whom I don't know well and five months after I got two red dots on my hands (one on the right hand and one on the left hand) and that one on the left hand was spreading by the time and other stayed the same. They do not hurt when I touch them, and before two months I started to cough and my throat became red but it does not hurt. My lymph node on the left side of the neck became a bit bigger. I consulted a Doctor and he gave me Azithromicin, after I finished with it nothing changed. The lymph node is normal now, but my throat is still very red and it does not hurt. I was afraid of that so I went to a private clinic and did an OraQuick HIV-1/2 test on blood from blood vein and it was negative. So is that sure that I do not have HIV? Anxiety is torturing me, what you think that could be?

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

First of all, the dots which you have mentioned are no way related to HIV infection. You have tonsillitis, so my advice is to take Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid 625 mg tablet twice daily for ten days. Since you had unsafe sex, you might be exposed to HIV, so go through HIV, RNA, RTPCR tests, and ELISA to rule out any HIV. RTPCR will detect the virus even if it is present in a very low amount. Chances of acquiring HIV after penetrative vaginal sex with HIV positive women is only 0.1%. So kindly review with the tests which I am quite sure of yours being negative. From now on always practice safe sex.

Why am I having recurrent tonsillitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having fever and cold for the past few days. I take medicine Nimsulide Plus. The fever has gone. But the problem is that I am having tonsillitis and it is treated by many doctors but I do not know why but after sometime of treatment they happened to me again. I do not know why. Plea...  Read Full »

Nothing seems to help my prolonged throat irritation. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42 year old male. I had a seizure episode about 15 years ago and skin tuberculosis, for which I was hospitalized and treated. I was not on any kind of medications until a year later. But during that period, I was unable to concentrate on my sales job. I could not speak fluen...  Read Full »

I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Is this pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Also getting a mild fever again and again. I also have a chest X-ray done today only. Please suggest is it pneumonia and if yes how severe is it?  Read Full »