Q. I have cough, cold and feeling ill for the past two days. Please suggest a medicine.

Dr. Mayank Arya
Published on Nov 19, 2019

I have a cold, cough and I am ill for the past two days. Please suggest any medication because I am having my exams.

Dr. Mayank Arya

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

lt is the body's mechanism to fight off the infection thats why we get cough and sneeze to expel the infection and it is not the medicine that could help you for the exam. Purchase a steamer or dehumidifier, pour in camphor oil or karvol vapocap cut it, and pour its oily content in the water and take its steam. I assure you nothing will help you better and quicker than this.

After that try studying, taking the help of a spectacle (zero power). At night when you are going to sleep take a tablet of Montair-LC (Montelukast and Cetirizine) and cough syrup Alex (Phenylephrine hydrochloride and Chlorpheniramine maleate). Take karvol steam thrice daily and continue Montair-LC once daily for three days. It will be alright soon.

What could be the reason for frequent cold with fever and heavy head?

Query: Hello doctor, I get frequent cold, and it will be severe with a fever of 102-103 degrees. My head remains heavy, and I have thick mucus when I blow my nose. I usually get sneeze with a change in outside temperature. Please help.  Read Full »

I have serious sleep paralysis with shortness of breath. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having serious sleep paralysis. In it I feel like I can move my muscle a bit like slightly moving my finger or speaking short words like "maa". But I think I am hallucinating that too. Plus I am having acute bronchitis in this case and have to breathe through the mouth. So I have...  Read Full »

I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Is this pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Also getting a mild fever again and again. I also have a chest X-ray done today only. Please suggest is it pneumonia and if yes how severe is it?  Read Full »