Q. Is it good to use Flovent and Combivent inhaler to recover from COVID-19 and asthma?

Dr. Rahul Reddy Keesari
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I am recovering from COVID-19 and I have asthma. Please suggest a better combination for having a quick recovery. Is it good to use Flovent and Combivent inhaler or Flovent and Spiriva?

#

You have great success as you are recovering from COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2). Kindly go for Flovent (Fluticasone propionate) and Combivent (Ipratropium bromide) combination. It is necessary to follow a proper technique than a combination.

My doctor is trying to change me from Combivent to Spiriva inhaler and I do not know the reason for it. Spiriva seems to be strong and it is most commonly used in COPD patients. Is that correct? My CT scan shows a lot of improvement after a few weeks and I need full recovery. So I am on Flovent and Combivent along with Prednisone 2.5 mg. Please suggest.

#

Combivent contains Ipratropium and Salbutamol while Spiriva contains Tiotropium and it acts for a long time. This is the reason and so the doctor has tried to change you to Spiriva. It is used both in asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Prednisone can be used and it has to be gradually tapered.

|