Covid-19 Prevention

Do high CRP and hs-CRP indicate cardiovascular problems?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 26 years old with a weight of 60 kilograms. I am taking asthma inhalers and allergy medicines. My CRP and hs-CRP levels are present in borderline. I have an LDL cholesterol of 96 mg/dL and the rest of the lipids are normal. How to lower the levels of CRP, hs-CRP, and LDL? Am I at a hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Palanivel Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether you have any recent infection. If yes, then the CRP (C-reactive protein) and hs-CRP (high sensitivity C-reactive protein) levels can be raised due to that reason. If not, try to rule out immunological disorders. You can repeat CRP. If it is normal...  Read Full »

How far should a person maintain distance while sneezing, even with a mask?

Query: Hello doctor,Is someone wearing a mask and sniffing turning back where a person without a mask is present at 1 or 2 feet distance transfer any infection? Can you get the virus from them? How do hugs work if one adult has a mask and the other adult does not? How far should they be from each other? Do...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are possible risks of transmission when you are out in the open. There are claims and counter claims to that with 100s of studies and publications to that effect. The common finding in all these studies is that wearing masks, especially with standardized filtr...  Read Full »