Q. I was tested positive for COVID-19 but my CT value is less. When shall I retest?

Dr. N Ashok Viswanath

I was tested positive for COVID-19 in the RT-PCR test before 18 days. Only one day, fever was above 100 degrees, and after that, there was no fever. I took a capsule Doxy-1 L-Dr forte twice daily for five days, and tablet Limcee 500 mg twice daily, and a tablet Cobadex Czs once daily. I did the RT-PCR test for the second time, eight days before, but the result was positive with a CT value of 31. I have no fever for the last 18 days, and my oxygen saturation is 98 to 99. I did not do a CT scan after that. I have high BP; if I take the tablet Zinconia, my BP increases. When shall I do the RT-PCR retest for COVID-19?

#

I understand your query. Do not worry.

Even after the illness is gone, the RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) test for COVID-19 will be positive for many people. It is due to the presence of remnant non-replicative virus particles, which are non-infective. RT-PCR test cannot differentiate between live and dead viruses, and it just picks up the presence of a virus that may be alive or dead.

Repeat the RT-PCR test after 10 days from now, and it will be negative. There is no need for any other investigations like CT (computed tomography) scan. Your RT-PCR and CT value of 31 indicates very few viral particles, probably due to the remnant non-replicative dead virus particles.

1. You need not take tablet Zinconia (Zinc acetate).
  2. Just continue tablet Limcee 500 mg (Vitamin C) once daily in the morning for 10 more days.
  3. Do steam inhalation at least once a day.
  4. Take food rich in Vitamin A, C, D3, B12, and Folic Acid.
  5. Take protein-rich food like dhal, milk, egg, etc.
  6. Take flavonoids containing food like green tea, ginger tea.

All these will help to repair your body damages caused by the virus.

Stay stress-free and stay hydrated. Take care.

|