Covid-19 Treatment

Does my symptomatic friend have a COVID-19 infection if he tests negative?

Query: Hi doctor,My friend's COVID-19 test is negative. Test says "suggestive COVID-19," and lungs are more than 50% infected. His oxygen levels are normal, and he is constantly monitoring oxygen levels. He is unsure about the medicines given to him and is stuck in a place with not much access to big hospi...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. The recent HRCT (high resolution computed tomography) of the chest has revealed patchy and sub-segmental ground-glass opacities associated with inter and intralobular septal thickening and architectural distort...  Read Full »

During which period does the COVID infection spread to the lungs?

Query: Hi doctor, I have symptoms of COVID since sunday, and on the same day, I have started with antibiotics. I had a high fever for two days, and it has been seven days now. I still have a 990F fever, and my oxygen levels are normal. Is it normal, or anything else needs to be done now?  Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com I have gone through the query and can understand your concern. Can you provide me with some details so that I can get an accurate idea of your condition? 1) Along with fever, what other symptoms did you have? 2) What antibiotics have you taken? 3) Have you taken a...  Read Full »

For how long should blood thinners be taken for COVID-19 treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, aged 75 years, got COVID-19 infection one and a half months before and was in home isolation with Azithral, Doxycycline, Zinc, and Vitamin C. He had a fever after a week that, his condition deteriorated. He had gastric reflux, and he was vomiting and unable to eat. His HRCT sc...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. Loss of appetite, weakness, etc., may happen during a viral infection like COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) more commonly. Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD and loss of appetite may result from COVID-19 as...  Read Full »

What should we do if we are COVID-19 positive with mild symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother tested COVID-19 positive five days before. Since then, she is in quarantine. The day she got the report, she received medication for five days, and that ends today. As of now, she is experiencing mild symptoms (100-degree temperature and dizziness). She has an oximeter and is c...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern. So COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) can be divided into mild, moderate, and severe illnesses. When there are only mild symptoms and oxygen saturation is fine, it is a mild disease managed at home with a ...  Read Full »

Does COVID-19 infection occur even after the vaccination?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is tested COVID-19 positive in the antigen test. She has a temperature of 99°C and a slight cough for two or three days. Her SpO2 is 99 percent, and her pulse is around 100 bpm. My parents were vaccinated with the booster dose a month before. They are taking their daily med...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. As your mother has already started taking Azithromycin, this medication will help prevent any further secondary infections. As she is suffering from a mild cough, I suggest her the following, Tablet Allegra 120 mg ...  Read Full »

Is steroids necessary for all COVID-19 patients?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having fever for the past one week. I have already seen a doctor and started medication, and I am feeling stable now with a minor headache. Should I still take steroids that have been prescribed?  Read Full »

Dr. Radha P H

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. If your fever has subsided and you do not have any lung signs, I suggest you not to take steroids unnecessarily. Did you do RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) for COVID-19? Even for COVID, we give steroids only if you have a fever that is...  Read Full »

Does bilateral atypical pneumonia due to COVID-19 need hospitalization?

Query: Hi doctor, I have tested positive for COVID-19 ten days back. I have had a prolonged cough, and sometimes I get traces of blood with sputum when I cough. My CT scan shows bilateral atypical pneumonia. The hospital has sent me home stating that it will get cured by itself. Could you please advise ho...  Read Full »

Dr. Jebin Abraham

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax. Can you elaborate on your blood test reports and oxygen levels, please? I hope you are improving now. We can treat COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) pneumonia at home in the resolving phase. So please mention your medicines as well. Thank you.  Read Full »

What should we do after testing positive for COVID-19?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother is COVID-19 positive, and the test result was out today. He is 26 years old. His height is 5 feet 8 inches, and his weight is 70 kg. He has symptoms of body ache and headache for four days. After a positive report, he is under self-isolation. So as the next step, what should I...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I studied your problem carefully. Nimesulide is a banned drug. May I know why you are using Hydrochloric Acid? Or is it a typographical error? Use medicines as per the doctor's suggestion. Self-medication can create more side effects than curing the disease. I suggest y...  Read Full »

What is the normal oxygen saturation level?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is tested positive for COVID-19, as per the RT-PCR laboratory report today. Initially, he had a fever measuring 100°F three days back. He took tablet Calpol 650 only once. After this, his temperature subsided, and the fever did not recur. He complained of losing a partial sens...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), which is positive. The virus load is mild, so do not worry. It is good that he does not have severe symptoms. Please keep him in...  Read Full »