Q. I am allergic to the DTaP vaccine. Will the COVID vaccine have any adverse effects on me?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

I have to take my COVID vaccine tomorrow. But I am afraid of it as I had an allergic reaction to the DTaP vaccine, which I had in my childhood. After that vaccine, I had convulsions and took Phenobarbital for two years to get better.

Will the COVID vaccine also have any adverse effects on me?

#

I understand your concern and explain that there is no cross-reaction between the DTaP (diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis) vaccine and COVID vaccine. So, it is less likely that you will develop an allergic reaction to the COVID vaccine.

Anyway, the medical staff are well prepared for any adverse reactions in any case.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

Kind regards.

|