Q. I breastfeed my 18 months old baby. Can I take the COVID vaccine?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I am a feeding mother. My baby is 18 months old boy. Can I take the Covishield vaccine? Will this not affect my kid? Since the vaccine is not approved for kids, if I take will my kid not get any effect? Kindly give your opinion.

#

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. Yes, you can go for the Covishield vaccination. It will not affect your baby (new guidelines of ICMR (Indian council of medical research) suggesting the same).

I hope this was helpful.

My vaccine appointment comes on my periods date. Can I still take the vaccine with my periods? And from pregnancy, I am having my Calcium tablets, Zinc, and Folic acid tablet. Can I continue that, or when can I stop? I have planned to breastfeed my son for another five months, which is two years of my son. Kindly give your opinion.

#

Yes, you can take the vaccine on your period date, no need to worry about it. You should take a Calcium and Iron tablet, but if your son is 2-year-old no need to breastfeed him.

I hope this was helpful.

|