Q. I got tinnitus after the first dose of the COVID vaccine and, I am scared to get the third dose. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 28, 2021 and last reviewed on: Nov 03, 2021

I have dermatomyositis with ILD. I am doing fine. I take CellCept 2 g once daily. I had completed two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine four months ago.

I had all testing, and everything was fine. After the first vaccine, I developed pulsatile tinnitus in both ears. It seems to be gone from one ear but still has in other. My question is, I was told to get a third COVID-19 (booster) vaccine since I showed few antibodies because of CellCept. I am afraid it may make my tinnitus worse.

Kindly give your advice.

#

Did the tinnitus worsen after the second dose?

If it has not worsened after the second dose and as testing did not show any significant abnormalities (ruling out significant damage to the ear), I would recommend you to go for the third dose as antibodies are not up to mark and suggests COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease-2019) risk.

On the whole, the benefit appears to be more pronounced than the risk, so I would suggest you go for a third dose.

I hope this helps you.

|