Q. Kindly suggest a remedy for my wounds and let me know if I can take the COVID-19 vaccine now.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr.P.C.Pavithra Pattu

While I was riding the motorcycle yesterday, the wheels lost adherence at a roundabout, and I fell. Luckily, only my knees made contact with the ground, and now I have a tiny wound on my right knee and a bigger one on my left knee. After going home, the first thing I did was wash the wounds, disinfect them with hydrogen peroxide (which turned white), and then applied a patch on my bigger wound. I noticed that both of them secreted a yellow liquid, so I cleaned that too. Today I removed the patch, and after a bit of time, the bigger wound was still secreting that yellow liquid. I applied hydrogen peroxide again, and the wound turned white once again. Considering the wounds are very superficial, do I have to do anything else? Plus, I am getting the COVID-19 vaccine today. Is it dangerous with this wound?

Thanks in anticipation.

#

Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. First of all, this wound does not affect the vaccine, so if you plan to get a vaccine, you can proceed. Secondly, the yellow coating is due to granulation, which is a healing process of the wound. Or else there might be some pus formation; in that case, antibiotics are required sometimes. It depends on the wound. So I would suggest you attach pictures of it so that I can check and guide you accordingly. When are you planning to get vaccinated?

|