Q. Please suggest what I must do if my second dose of Covaxin gets delayed by more than 45 days.

Dr. Zubayeralam

I got my first dose of Covaxin in the middle of last month, and on the day of my second dose, my family member tested positive, but my report was negative. Unfortunately, my second dose got delayed as Covaxin was not available in my city. Please suggest what I should do if my second dose of Covaxin gets delayed for more than 45 days.

#

Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you took your first dose of Covaxin, and now you are waiting to get the second dose of Covaxin. Forty-five days have already been gone, and you have not taken your second dose yet due to the unavailability of the vaccine. According to the WHO's (world health organization) recent guidelines about COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) vaccine, one should take their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine two months after getting their first dose. Some researchers also have suggested that a second dose can be taken within two to four months after taking the first dose. So, do not be worried at all. According to the WHO's recent guidelines, you have at least more than 15 days in your hands. Therefore, you can get your second dose after 15 days. After getting the second dose, it is also told that it will take another two to four weeks to protect against COVID-19 infections. Take care. In case of any other query, knock me.

|