Q. Can a second dose be taken after developing allergic reactions to the first dose of vaccine?

Dr. Jebin Abraham

My brother had a high fever, sweat, difficulty breathing, and dizziness 12 hours after the AstraZeneca vaccine and had to rush to the hospital. Can he get the second dose?

#

Are you sure it is due to the vaccine? Since it is a late-onset reaction, make sure there is no other cause. Did he have any other allergies like drugs or food? If you believe that it was related to the vaccine, do not take a second dose. It may be a late-onset reaction to the vaccine.

He never had any food or drug allergies before. So, yes, it was due to the vaccine. He is supposed to go for the second dose today, so he should not take it, right? Can he take the Sinopharm vaccine after three to six months?

Thank you so much.

#

I suggest not taking the second dose. It may cause a severe reaction this time.

Any vaccine can have the risk of a reaction. We cannot predict. Ideally, it is not advisable to take any vaccine once you get an allergy to one type. Still, consult with your local physician, and try Sinopharm.

|