Q. Can I get a medical certificate online after completing the course for COVID-19 medicines?

Dr. Arpit Varshney
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I need a medical certificate for my leave of absence at work. I have had a fever for three days, a cold, and slight cough. I am fully vaccinated.

#

Your symptoms are suggestive of COVID-19. I will suggest you start treatment for the same. Meanwhile, please keep monitoring your oxygen levels, and in case you feel any shortness of breath, immediately visit the hospital. Since you are fully vaccinated, I hardly doubt you are going to have any complications. But it is always better to keep an eye. Coming to issuing of a medical certificate, it will require a physical examination. Getting a medical certificate after online teleconsultation is not allowed. So please visit a local doctor physically for the certificate. Consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take the following medicines with their consent.

1) Tablet Azilide (Azithromycin) 500 mg once daily for five days.

2) Tablet Vit C (Vitamin C) 500 mg twice daily for five days.

3) Tablet PCM (Paracetamol) 500 mg thrice daily for three days.

|