Q. How can I manage COVID and asthma that does not get resolved with inhalers?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am 46-years-old with 200 lbs in weight and 5'6 ft in height. I have been COVID positive for the past four days. I have been asthmatic since the age of three. Now, I have wheezing and phlegm with minimal nose drainage. Wheezing is not easing up with rescue inhalers. But I can do everyday activities. Currently, I am using Advair Diskus and Proventil inhaler. I need some steroids to knock down flair. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. No need to worry. This COVID is mild and just like regular flu. It is not causing any severe illness. Secondly, your bronchial asthma is worsening, and you will need low-dose steroids to control it. I suggest the following medications help you improve within four to five days:

1) Tablet Crocin (Paracetamol) 650 mg thrice daily.

2) Tablet Medrol (Methylprednisolone) 8 mg twice daily for three days, 8 mg once a day for three days, then 4 mg once a day for three days, and then stop.

3) MDI Foracort (Formoterol) 200 mcg two puff twice daily.

4) Tablet Dazit (Desloratadine) 5 mg at night.

5) Syrup Lupituss (Levocloperastine) two teaspoonsful thrice daily.

6) Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

Thank you for the reply.

Will you prescribe the medications that you listed? Assuming that they are steroids. Kindly help.

#

I would give you my suggestions, and I cannot prescribe medicines as this is a chat system.

Thank you for the reply.

But I do not find that has a valid answer.

#

You can talk with the icliniq.com support team for any help. I hope you understand.

|